The NOs of On-Premise Legacy Systems
Continuing to rely on on-premise legacy systems can significantly make it complicated and costly for your business to innovate its services and adopt a more scalable and user-friendly operational model. Legacy systems are likely to slow down the development of more complex integrations. On top of that, they will require additional solutions to support on-premise IT infrastructure for ETL/ELT and ESB tasks. As the result, your business is likely to experience:
- Lack of data standardisation due to multiple solutions involved in a single process
- Increased costs and resources to maintain an ageing legacy infrastructure
In this case, every new integration will come to you as a custom-made, costly, and long project, instead of it being a fast, low-code, plug-and-play style process.
Use cases for Energy and Utilities
- Incorporate 3d party products and smart technologies like IoT into your offerings for a more sustainable service provision;
- Reduce manual work;
- Build internal integrations with CRM and your own products and services to automate the monitoring of resource consumption, billing process, and more;
- Better analyse supply and demand.